Monday, February 15, 2010

New Uses for Old Things #3




Enviro-friendly & Cost Effective Business Cards

I eat cereal everyday. I eat it for breakfast, sometimes as a midnight snack and truth be told - I've had it for dinner.

As an avid (up)cycler, I am interested in creating new stuff from discarded stuff. As a graphic designer, I love the colours and shapes that can be found on cereal boxes.
There are a few things I do with my old cereal box card - this is by far the easiest!

You need:
  • a paper cutter with a sharp blade (an x-acto will work, the cutter is just quicker/easier)
  • stamp of your choice (I use this stamp kit so I can change my stamp when needed)
  • cereal box card
  1. Unfold the cereal box (tear along glued edges) and cut the front and back panel out (be sure at least one of your edges is straight).
  2. Trim the box card into business card sized pieces (3.5 inches x 2 inches). Pay attention to the images and shapes that will end up on your cards. You may not use ALL of the original image - you want your cards to look funky and fun!
  3. Stamp your info on the "back" of your fab cards! Your name and web address should do the trick. Have fun!
  4. Hand out your fabulous enviro-friendly and cost-effective business cards!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Tammy! You have a great blog here. I'm a new follower and looking forward to your posts on repurposing and recycling with a crafty flair! I'm so glad that you found me and my little recycle project. I'm happy to count you among the friends of FatBottomBags.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Christi! Love your work and your blog!

    ReplyDelete